Missed opening week at Saratoga this season? Don’t fret! There are still tons of great events and must-sees lined up for Week 2. So what can you expect on your next trip to the Track?
At the Post Live
Join host Andy Serling as he fills you in on all the racing news and info. From 8 to 9 p.m., “At the Post Live: Serling on Saratoga” broadcasts live on ESPN Radio 104.5 “The Team,” from The Parting Glass in downtown Saratoga Springs.
This brand-new app offers great new features, all to make your day at the Track the best one! With NYRA XP, you can:
- Learn about upcoming events
- Purchase and scan tickets
- Find your seat and car location
- Wager through NYRA Bets
- Order food
- Reserve parking
- And much more
Remember to download NYRA XP—free on iOS and Android—for your next Track visit!
Food & Drinks
Breakfast at Saratoga
Presented by B95.5 FM Breakfast Club, Breakfast at Saratoga will be held while the thoroughbreds train at the Race Course. Here are all the details you’ll need to start your morning at the Track:
- When? 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., every racing day except Travers Day (August 26).
- Where? On the Porch of the clubhouse.
- How Much? $18.50 for adults, $10.25 for children.
- Breakfast is available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Tram tours are available for guests to explore the backstretch! The 45 minute-tours run from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and depart from the clubhouse entrance every 15 minutes.
Taste NY: Cider, Wine & Spirits
Come sample from a selection of delicious regional drinks! Every Thursday, the New York Department of Agriculture and Markets offers plenty of choices for cider- and wine-lovers at the Track, all provided by local businesses. For only $5, you can choose up to five samples. The event will begin at noon and end at 5 p.m. Remember to stop by the Berkshire Bank Saratoga Pavilion to find your favorite New York flavors!
Tequila & Taco Thursdays
Also on Thursdays, get ready to party at the Post! You and your friends can enjoy yummy margaritas and tacos, plus a live flamenco guitar performance!
Taste NY: Craft Beer
On Friday, the New York Department of Agriculture and Markets will present a fantastic selection of New York craft beers for you to sample! Come to the Berkshire Bank Saratoga Pavilion from noon to 5 p.m., and you’ll be free to try five beers of your choice for only $5.
Woodford Reserve Fridays at The Post
Not ready to leave the Track just yet? The Post bar and entertainment spot, located near the paddock, hopes you’ll stay a while! You won’t want to miss Woodford Reserve Fridays, where you and guests can enjoy music provided by a DJ, dancing, cocktail samplings, and fun trivia!
Taste NY: Food and Artisans
Taste NY continues on Saturdays and Sundays with Food and Artisans! Sample and shop at this on-track market, located at the Berkshire Bank Saratoga Pavilion from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Handicapping tutorials and racing tips will also be offered by the Bets Squad, as well as information on NYRA Bets and the NYRA XP app!
Ketel One Party at The Post
Come back to The Post on Saturday evenings! Enjoy music from a DJ, cocktail samplings, and some great giveaways!
Military Appreciation Day
Come support our troops at this year’s Military Appreciation Day! On Wednesday, July 26, NYRA is hosting a day of appreciation for local servicemen and women. All members and veterans of the US Military with valid military ID or proof of military service will receive free grandstand admission. In addition, these brave individuals will be welcomed to the winner’s circle preceding many races throughout the day. Here are some more highlights for Military Appreciation Day:
- The USO Show Troupe will greet guests and perform at the Clubhouse entrance and Berkshire Bank Saratoga Pavilion, starting 11:15 a.m and continuing through the afternoon.
- Local acapella group Racing City Chorus will greet guests at the Union Avenue gates. They will perform the National Anthem around 11:35 a.m., and will continue to entertain guests with a patriotic medley on the track apron after the third race of the day.
- At noon in the Berkshire Bank Saratoga Pavilion, organizations including the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve and The Blue Star Mothers will host various military-related activities.
College & Alumni Day
They’ve got spirit, yes they do! This Friday sees the first-ever College & Alumni Handicapping Tournament at Saratoga Race Course. In a competition for a $5,000 scholarship, students and alumni will put their handicapping skills to the test! To participate, gather your group of ten or more and be sure to register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund Awareness Day
If you’re at the Track this Saturday, remember to stop by the Jockey Silks Room Porch from 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. There, you can get a signed autograph from riders of the Saratoga Jockey Colony! A suggested donation will be contributing to the Permanently Disabled Jockey’s Fund (PDJF), providing financial assistance to injured jockeys.
Berkshire Bank Family Mondays
If you’re headed to the Track with your family this week, your kids will love all the games and activities at the Berkshire Bank Saratoga Pavilion! On Mondays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., kids will get to pet a retired thoroughbred! Activities are free, with the exception of a suggested donation to benefit a local school or PTA. This week, proceeds will be donated to Stevens Elementary School!
Community Outreach Booth
In honor of Military Appreciation Day, the Community Outreach Booth will be supporting the Jewish War Veterans Post 36 Saratoga Springs on Wednesday. Proceeds from guests will help support veterans of the Saratoga Jewish community.
On Thursday, the Booth will be hosting the Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, nationally recognized as a leader in the care of neurological patients.
Friday’s Community Outreach Booth will host North Country Wild Care. Come support wildlife rehabilitators in Schenectady, Warren, Washington, Saratoga, Albany, Rensselaer, Montgomery, Fulton, and Essex Counties!
On Saturday, the Track will be hosting Permanently Disabled Jockey’s Fund (PDJF) at the Community Outreach Booth.
The Booth will host the Saratoga WarHorse Foundation this Sunday. Proceeds will benefit veterans by “creating an interactive experience with retired thoroughbreds.”
The American Cancer Society will be at the Community Outreach Booth on Monday. Support the American Cancer Society in their fight against cancer through research and prevention.
Wednesday, July 26
- The Grade 2, $200,000 Honorable Miss Handicap for fillies and mares on the dirt
Thursday, July 27
- The Grade 1, $150,000 A.P. Smithwick Memorial (Steeplechase)
- The $100,000 John Morrissey for New York-breds going six and a half furlongs on the dirt
Friday, July 28
- The $100,000 Curlin, a potential prep for the Travers at nine furlongs
Saturday, July 29
- Travers Prep: Grade 2, $600,000 Jim Dandy
- Grade 1, $350,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap
- Grade 2, $200,000 Amsterdam
- Grade 2, $250,000 Bowling Green
Sunday, July 30
- Grade 3, $200,000 Shuvee Handicap for fillies and mares at nine furlongs on the dirt
Monday, July 31
- The $100,000 Coronation Cup for three-year-old fillies going five and a half furlongs on the turf