The information you are viewing for this event is from 2018.
Please check back for updates.
The $1.25 Million Travers
This is Saratoga's biggest race, the one you don't want to miss: The 149th running of the $1.25 million Travers Stakes. This "Mid-Summer Derby" is for three-year-olds and is run at a mile and a quarter.
Joining the Mid-Summer Derby for three-year-olds will be five other Grade 1 stakes:
- The $1 million Sword Dancer Invitational at 1 ½ miles on the turf
- The $500,000 Ketel One Ballerina for filly and mare sprinters
- The $600,000 Forego at seven furlongs
- The $500,000 H. Allen Jerkens Memorial for three-year-olds at seven furlongs
- The $700,000 Personal Ensign for fillies and mares going 1 1/8 miles.
Rounding out the blockbuster card is the Grade 2, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Ballston Spa for turf fillies and mares.
First post-time is 11:35am, and gates open at 7am. Come and witness the legendary Travers Stakes at Saratoga Race Course!