Horse Racing 101 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Editor's Note (9/10/2020): 2020's summer meet at Saratoga Race Course took place without spectators in attendance. The information below reflects 2020, but we will update it with 2021 details as soon as they are released by the New York Racing Association (NYRA).
The 2020 summer meet at Saratoga Race Course is anything but ordinary! Below are some fast facts to help you plan future visits to the track in 2021 and beyond.
Saratoga Race Course Fast Facts:
- For an idea of what costs to expect, here are 2019's admission prices: Grandstand Admission was $7 and Clubhouse Admission was $10. Children 12 & under were FREE when accompanied by an adult. On Travers Day, Grandstand Admission was $10 and Clubhouse Admission was $25.
- In 2019, Gates opened at 11:00 am every racing day except Travers Day. Gates opened at 7:00 am on Travers Day in 2019.
- Travers Day 2020 is Saturday, August 8, and the 151st running of the Runhappy Travers will be the highlight of the day's card.
- In 2020, there will be a 40-day racing season, and there will be no live racing on Mondays or Tuesdays.
- Get information on dining at the track to learn more about your options for future years.
- For more information on the Saratoga Race Course - visit the official site at: https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/ or call during the season (518) 584-6200
- In a typical year, nothing beats breakfast at the Saratoga Race Course! Listen to the experts as they tell you about the morning workouts. As there are no spectators allowed to begin the 2020 summer meet, there will be no breakfast at the track this year, but breakfast is normally served every race day (except Travers Day) on the Clubhouse porch from 7 to 9:30 a.m. Admission is free during breakfast.
- Group Sales: Call (844) NYRA-TIX
- Get directions to the Saratoga Race Course »
- If you missed the summer racing season in Saratoga, harness racing goes on nearly year-round at Saratoga Casino Hotel!