Horse Racing 101 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Editor's Note (2/19/21): The New York Racing Association (NYRA) has announced that the 2021 summer meet at Saratoga Race Course will take place from July 15 through September 6. The information below reflects 2020, but we will update it with 2021 details as soon as they are released by NYRA and New York State.
The 2020 summer meet at Saratoga Race Course was anything but ordinary! Below are some fast facts to help you plan future visits to the track.
Saratoga Race Course Fast Facts:
- For an idea of what costs to expect, here are 2019's admission prices: Grandstand Admission was $7 and Clubhouse Admission was $10. Children 12 & under were FREE when accompanied by an adult. On Travers Day, Grandstand Admission was $10 and Clubhouse Admission was $25.
- In 2019, Gates opened at 11:00 am every racing day except Travers Day. Gates opened at 7:00 am on Travers Day in 2019.
- Travers Day 2021 is Saturday, August 28, and the 152nd running of the Travers Stakes will be the highlight of the day's card.
- In 2021, there will be a 40-day racing season, and there will be no live racing on Mondays or Tuesdays.
- Get information on dining at the track to learn more about your options for future years.
- For more information on the Saratoga Race Course - visit the official site at: https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/ or call during the season (518) 584-6200
- In a typical year, nothing beats breakfast at the Saratoga Race Course! Listen to the experts as they tell you about the morning workouts. As there were no spectators allowed at the 2020 summer meet, there was no breakfast at the track last year, but breakfast is normally served every race day (except Travers Day) on the Clubhouse porch from 7 to 9:30 a.m. Admission is free during breakfast.
- Group Sales: Call (844) NYRA-TIX
- Get directions to the Saratoga Race Course »
- If you missed the summer racing season in Saratoga, harness racing goes on nearly year-round at Saratoga Casino Hotel!