Horse Racing 101 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Planning to attend the summer racing meet at Saratoga Race Course? Let us help answer any questions you may have! If you're looking for more detailed information on any of the topics below, continue browsing through the site, or check out our FAQs.
Saratoga Race Course Fast Facts:
- Grandstand Admission is $7 and Clubhouse Admission is $10. Children 12 & under are FREE when accompanied by an adult. On Travers Day, Grandstand Admission is $10 and Clubhouse Admission is $25.
- Gates open at 11:00 am every racing day except Travers Day. Gates open at 7:00 am on Travers Day, August 24.
- Travers Day is Saturday, August 24, 2019, and the 150th running of the Runhappy Travers Stakes will be the highlight of the day's card! First post time is 11:35 am.
- This year, there will be a 40-day racing season, and there will be no live racing on Mondays or Tuesdays. First post-time on most racing days is 1 pm. Exceptions include:
- 12:50 pm on Steeplechase days
- 11:35 am on Travers Day, August 24
- 12:30 pm on Saturday, August 31; Sunday, September 1; Monday, September 2
- Get information on dining at the track.
- For more information on the Saratoga Race Course - visit the official site at: https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/ or call during the season (518) 584-6200
- Nothing beats breakfast at the Saratoga Race Course! Listen to the experts as they tell you about the morning workouts. Breakfast is served every race day (except Travers Day) on the Clubhouse porch from 7 to 9:30 a.m. Admission is free during breakfast.
- Group Sales: Call (844) NYRA-TIX
- Get directions to the Saratoga Race Course »
- If you missed the summer racing season in Saratoga, harness racing goes on nearly year-round at Saratoga Casino Hotel!