The highly anticipated 2017 summer meet at Saratoga Race Course is less than a month away, and in case you weren’t excited enough already, the New York Racing Association recently announced the track’s schedule of special events and giveaway days. Read on and mark your calendar for summer fun at the track!
As in previous years, NYRA has put together a jam-packed schedule of special events, from weekly tastings and family days to contests, competitions, and other celebrations. Here are just a few of our favorites:
One of the staples of Opening Weekend is the Annual Hat Contest, presented by Hat Sationa! by DEI. There are several categories, including most creative, most fashionable, and a category just for kids.
While the track hosts College & Alumni Day every year, this year features a brand new component. The inaugural College & Alumni Handicapping Tournament will test the handicapping skills of college students and alumni as they compete to win a $5,000 scholarship for their alma mater.
For one day only you can meet some of Saratoga’s most accomplished jockeys as they gather at the Saratoga Race Track.
Stewart’s Shops will once again host their Annual Ice Cream Eating Contest at the track in August. Think you can eat a pint of ice cream the fastest? Prove it! Kids, teens and adults can all compete.
Saratoga Race Course will have special events happening throughout the meet on a weekly basis. Some of the weekly events you can look forward to include:
- Berkshire Bank Family Mondays featuring family-friendly activities, games, and attractions
- Taste NY: Cider, Wine & Spirits every Thursday featuring tastings of cider, wine, and spirits from New York State distilleries and wineries
- Taste NY: Craft Beer every Friday featuring craft beers produced by New York State breweries
- Taste NY: Food & Artisans every Saturday & Sunday featuring a lively on-track market of food and artisan vendors offering products made in New York State
Some of the most popular days of the summer meet are giveaway days! There will once again be four giveaway days throughout the summer where guests can receive a free item with paid admission, while supplies last.
- Saratoga Baseball Cap: Sunday, July 23
- Saratoga Short-Sleeve T-Shirt: Monday, August 7
- Saratoga Cooler Bag: Monday, August 21
- Saratoga Clock: Sunday, September 3