The information you are viewing for this event is from Saturday, Jul 14, 2018.
Please check back for updates.
Frances Day at The Tang Teaching Museum
The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College is opening its doors to the public for a day of free events on the fifth annual Frances Day, a community open house from 2 to 6 pm, Saturday, July 14. Visitors can experience multiple contemporary art exhibitions, art-making activities, food, music, and fun in honor of the museum’s namesake, Frances Young Tang.
- 2 to 5 pm: Drop-in activities include printmaking with artist Kamau Amu Patton, photo diorama with Wendy Red Star and Beatrice Red Star Fletcher, button making, sun visor decorating, a collaborative two-sided pegboard and yarn artwork, giveaways, and more
- 2 pm: Behind-the-Scenes Collections Tour with Senior Museum Registrar Elizabeth Karp and Collections Registrar Jessica Lubniewski
- 3 pm: Curator’s tour of the exhibition Give a damn. with Mellon Collections Curator Rebecca McNamara
- 4 pm: Dona Nelson: Stand Alone Paintings gallery tour with Dayton Director Ian Berry and artist Dona Nelson
- 5 pm: Alex Torres & His Latin Orchestra perform on the lawn
All events are free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://tang.skidmore.edu or call 518-580-8080.