Frances Day at The Tang Teaching Museum
The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College is opening its doors to the public for a day of free events on the fifth annual Frances Day, a community open house from 2 to 6 pm, Saturday, July 14. Visitors can experience multiple contemporary art exhibitions, art-making activities, food, music, and fun in honor of the museum’s namesake, Frances Young Tang.
- 2 to 5 pm: Drop-in activities include printmaking with artist Kamau Amu Patton, photo diorama with Wendy Red Star and Beatrice Red Star Fletcher, button making, sun visor decorating, a collaborative two-sided pegboard and yarn artwork, giveaways, and more
- 2 pm: Behind-the-Scenes Collections Tour with Senior Museum Registrar Elizabeth Karp and Collections Registrar Jessica Lubniewski
- 3 pm: Curator’s tour of the exhibition Give a damn. with Mellon Collections Curator Rebecca McNamara
- 4 pm: Dona Nelson: Stand Alone Paintings gallery tour with Dayton Director Ian Berry and artist Dona Nelson
- 5 pm: Alex Torres & His Latin Orchestra perform on the lawn
All events are free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://tang.skidmore.edu or call 518-580-8080.