The information you are viewing for this event is from 2010.
Please check back for updates.
Saratoga Race Course Open House
The annual Open House returns to offer a full day of attractions, games and activities on Sunday, July 18, to celebrate the start of the 2010 Racing Season.
Presented by the New York Racing Association (NYRA), the 30th annual Open House at Saratoga Race Course will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will feature carnival games, lively music, giant inflatables, circus shows, handicapping seminars and an array of food and beverages - all to benefit local charities. Admission and parking are free.
The National Steeplechase Association will present 3 steeplechase hurdle races and one race on the turf. The races get underway at 1:30, 2:05, 2:40 and 3:15 p.m. No wagering will be available for these races.
Other highlights of the 2010 Open House will include:
- Islip Horsemen’s Association Long Island Drill Team - The team will demonstrate its moves and skills as more than a dozen horses execute intricate pinwheels, circles, and V formations. Two performances: 11:15 a.m. & 12:45 p.m.
- 7th Annual Mascot Race - Mascots from local sports teams and well-known brands against one another in a one-of-a-kind race down the main track at noon
- Leaping Lizards and Rocking Reptiles exhibit by the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology. Demonstrations can be enjoyed under the Carousel at 11:15 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:45 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Other Children's Activities include: pony rides, inflatables, face painting, caricatures and a petting zoo.
- Live Music from: Captain Squeeze & The Zydeco Moshers (jazz and swing) and Mark Rabin will perform popular covers underneath the bandstand.
- Backstrech Tours - Tours will run every half hour beginning at 11am
This year's Open House and festivities will benefit: the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Saratoga Economic Opportunity Council (they will be collecting non-perishable canned goods at the door).
Visitors can also choose from a variety of tasty treats, including hamburgers, fried dough, sausage and peppers, and ice cream sandwiches. All proceeds from food and beverages benefit local charities and non-profit organizations such as Living Resources, the Saratoga-Wilton BPOE, the Jewish Community Center, the Children's Museum, the Racing City Chorus, the Brookside Museum, Saratoga EOC, the Saratoga Rowing Association and the Knights of Columbus.
Season passes for the upcoming 2010 Saratoga Race Course season will be available for purchase at the Grandstand Customer Service Center. The passes are $75 for clubhouse and $35 for grandstand. The passes are good for the entire 40-day Saratoga meet, including Travers Day on Saturday, August 28.